If you have any concerns about the immediate safety of someone who is vulnerable you should contact the police or your local social services department. Please follow safeguarding good practice guidance (see CSAS procedures).
Please note: by emailing us, you consent to your submitted details being collected, stored and used by the Diocese of Hallam only for the purpose or purposes for which you have provided them to us. Read more in our Privacy and Security Policy.
Marie O’Donnelly - Diocesan Safeguarding Co-ordinator
Contact Marie (standard working pattern Tuesday to Thursday 9am - 3pm) if you need:
- advice about good practice guidance
- advice about the conduct of adult workers or volunteers
- advice about policies and procedures
- advice and support if you have concerns about a child, young person or adult who may be at risk
- help regarding support that can be offered to people hurt by abuse
- to report safeguarding incidents or concerns
By phone on 0114 256 6453, 07909 117964 or by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org
For urgent Safeguarding issues, or if you have any worries about a child or adult who may be at risk, please contact the Police or the Social Care unit of your Local Authority.
Fr. Peter D McGuire - Trustee Chair of the Safeguarding Committee and Clergy Advisor for Safeguarding
Contact Fr Peter if you:
- have any of the above concerns
- have any concerns about any aspect of safeguarding practice in the Diocese
- want further advice about the Catholic perspective on safeguarding
By phone on 01246 432 289 or by e-mail at email@example.com
Jo Pearson - Assistant to the Safeguarding Coordinator
Contact Jo (Monday to Thursday 8.30am - 4.30pm) for:
- all administrative matters
- DBS enquiries
- safe recruitment practices
- to book or request training
By phone on 0114 256 6453 or by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org
Amanda Bramall - Database Assistant
Contact Amanda on (Thursday 8am - 4pm) if you have any queries about:
- any aspect of the progress of DBS applications
- volunteer recruitment
By e-mail at email@example.com
Bernie Ware - Safeguarding Team Manager Contact firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have any concerns about any aspect of safeguarding practice in the Diocese or want to raise anything with the Diocese of Hallam Trustees' Safeguarding Committee, you can write to the Safeguarding Committee Chairs via the Hallam Pastoral Centre, St Charles Street, Sheffield, S9 3WU – marking your envelope as private and confidential for the attention of the Safeguarding Sub Committee Chairs.
Catholic Safeguarding Advisory Service (CSAS) is responsible for setting the strategic direction of the Church’s safeguarding policy. Mandated by the Conference of Bishops and Conference of Religious, it aims to ensure that standards are met and policies are implemented.
More info and procedural information can be found at www.csas.uk.net.
Or by e-mailing email@example.com or calling 0121 237 3740.