The Council for Liturgy will work with the Bishop towards fulfilment of the Church's earnest desire "that all the faithful should be led to that full, conscious and active participation in liturgical celebration which is demanded by the very nature of the liturgy, and to which the Christian people, 'a chosen race, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, a redeemed people' (1 Peter 2:9, 4-5) have a right and obligation by reason of their baptism".
Rev Peter D McGuire, 28 College Road, Spinkhill, Sheffield. S21 3YB
Telephone: 0124 643 2289
The Diocesan Contact for Interfaith and Ecumenism is Reverend Andrew Crowley.
The Justice & Peace Commission exists to:
- Inform itself of what the Gospels and teaching of the Church call for in matters of Justice & Peace
- To inform itself of injustice locally, nationally, globally and in the Church
- To encourage others to become increasingly aware of the Gospel imperatives and injustices that call for remedy
- To work for and to promote work for justice and peace locally, nationally and globally
- To support those suffering oppression and to do whatever the Commission can do to assist them to throw off oppression
- To uphold the integrity of creation
There are no upcoming events.