Confessions: Sat 10 am (or by arrangement with the priest during the week)
School: Saint John Fisher Primary, Springwater Avenue S12 4HJ
Institution: Beighton Hospital
Groups:U.C.M., Guild of Saint Stephen, Toddlers Group, Youth Activities.
History: After the war ended in 1945 new housing south of the Manor generated estates at Hackenthorpe, Birley, Frecheville and Gleadless. From these grew the churches of Our Lady of Lourdes and St Anthony. The Diocesan Yea Book records that a Mass centre was established at the Birley Hotel in 1952. The mission was served initially from St Theresa’s church. It had its own priest, Fr Peter McDonagh, who by 1957 had the church of Our Lady of Lourdes built and opened.
Today the Parish also covers the ever expanding housing estates in South East Sheffield. There are new developments in Sothall, Waterthorpe and Owlthorpe. The Parish also included the Chapel of Ease (Christ the King) at Beighton.