THE DIOCESAN CHANCERY
The Chancery Deals with queries by post, telephone and email from clergy, parishioners and the general public, with regard to marriage, baptism and many general Curial enquires.
- Processing of marriage papers, worldwide, for couples when the Catholic party, at least, is resident within the Diocese of Hallam. The aim is to assist both clergy and couples in the preparation of marriage documentation. If necessary paperwork is sent to the Chancery from the parishes; it is processed, recorded and then forwarded to the parish/diocese of marriage at home or abroad.
- Preparation of decrees granting permissions for marriage which involve a permission or a dispensation.
- Granting of Diocesan Faculties for priests and deacons who minister in the Diocese.
- Drawing up and issuing of all documents and official acts in the name of the Bishop and on his behalf.
- All administrative acts which require the mandate of the Bishop.
- The granting of a ‘Celebret’ for a priest intending to travel outside the Diocese.
- The Chancellor is responsible for the recording and notification of acts regarding the incardination of clerics (priests and deacons) and the process of excardination.
Issuing of permissions to receive adults into Full Communion with the Catholic Church is dealt with at Bishop’s House.
Chancellor: Rev Craig Fitzpatrick, JCL, MA
Administrator: Mrs Anne Ashton
The Hallam Pastoral Centre
St Charles Street
Tel: 0114 2566450
Find us in the map:
Bus services: 52 from the City Centre (Arundel Gate) runs along Attercliffe Common - alight at Stevenson Road stop. Every 7-10 minutes.
Tram: Nearest stops either Woodbourn Road or Attercliffe. Approx 5-10 minutes walk.